To trade 3i Group shares you can either use a traditional stock brokerage firm (such as IG) or you can use a CFD service, such as Plus500 We'll explore the pros and cons of both approaches in a moment.
Currently, IG charge a minimum of £5* per trade for buying and selling shares online, while Plus500 charge 0.16% above the spreadThe spread is the difference (in pips) between the buy price and the sell price.
Example: If the current buy price of EURUSD is 1.0004 and the sell price is 1.0003, there is a 1 pip spread. for stocks such as III
Pros & Cons of Trading 3i Group shares (III) as a CFD
A CFD (or 'contract for difference') is a way of trading instruments like shares without having to own the shares. Here are some of the pros and cons of CFD trading compared to using a traditional stock brokerage.
- The main advantage of a CFD broker is the leverage they offer their clients. This means that a trader would require a much smaller account sizes relative to the size of a trade in comparison to a traditional share dealing broker.
For example, Plus500offer leverage of 1:10 on 3i Group shares. This means that at the current price of £891.07 per share, to buy 50 3i Group shares with no leverage, it would cost a total of £44,554. However, using leverage of 1:10 , a trader would only require an account size of £4,455 to place the trade with a CFD broker like Plus500
- CFD brokers allow traders to go long or short, which means a trader could benefit from rising and falling markets.
- CFD brokers usually do not charge a commission and instead have their fees included in the spread.
- CFD brokers like AvaTrade that offer the MT4 platform, allow clients to use expert advisors to automate their trading strategies.
- UK shares that are purchased as a CFD are not liable for the usual 0.5% stamp duty payable with a traditional share purchase (please note that tax laws can change and are subject to individual circumstances).
- Unlike traditional brokerages that only offer stock trading, CFD brokers like Plus500 give access to a wide variety of instruments like stocks, commodities and currencies.
- As mentioned, leverage is a double-edged sword that can magnify both gains and losses. And as with all trading, traders are at the risk of the markets moving against them.
- CFD brokers typically charge an overnight fee for holding a long position overnight. This is essentially the cost of borrowing the money from the broker to purchase the shares on margin. There would be no overnight fee if you closed the position on the same trading day. Therefore, this would only be a disadvantage if you are not a day trader or intraday trader.
For example, Plus500 currently charge an overnight financing fee of 0.03% for individual equities. This means that for the example trade above, it would cost a trader £0.03 every day the position was open.
For further information on trading stocks as a CFD, visit out "trading stocks as a CFD page". It is important to remember leverage can work both ways and magnify gains and losses.
*All information collected from https://www.Plus500.com/uk/, see website for full terms and conditions. Your capital is at risk. Last updated on 20th March, 2017.
3i Group: Key Stats & Background Information
3i Groupshares are currently priced at
£891.07, after opening the day at
£890.00. As of
3i Group have
973 million shares available, bringing their market capMarketing capitalisation is the value of a publicly traded company, calculated by multiplying the current share price by the total number of shares available. to
This market cap makes 3i Group the 48th largest stock on the FTSE 100 index by market capitalisation. In the past 30 days, the 3i Group share price has decreased by -0.83%, from £898.50. In the past 90 days, it has ' ; decreased by -3.35%, from £922.00 to the current price of £891.07.
In terms of trading activity 3i Group is the 71st most actively traded stock in the FTSE100, with an average of 2,191,648 shares being traded per day.
3i Group had a profitafter tax for the financial year ending 30/09/2016of £817 million, an increase from £700 million for the financial year ending 30/09/2015, an overall 17% change in profit after tax.
3i Group was listed on the London Stock Exchange on
July 18, 1994, and can be traded on Monday-Friday between 8am and 4.30pm GMT (UK time).
3i Group paid a dividend of 8.10p in 2016, an increase from 16.00p in 2015.
Top 10 FTSE 100 Companies by Trading Volume
|Lloyds Banking Group PLC||183,517,398|
|Vodafone Group plc||73,835,606|
|HSBC Holdings plc||43,555,828|
|BT Group plc||34,012,492|
|Legal & General Group Plc||25,782,078|
Top 10 FTSE 100 Companies by Market Cap
|Royal Dutch Shell Plc||£206,092,052,514|
|HSBC Holdings plc||£150,178,806,211|
|British American Tobacco plc||£112,581,244,577|
|BHP Billiton plc||£80,176,088,023|
|Rio Tinto plc||£65,386,465,665|
Comparison of 3i Group's EPS & P/E Ratio with other Financial Service companies
3i Group has a price/earnings ratio of 5.33. For comparison, Schroders's P/E ratio is 16.82 and London Stock Exchange Group's P/E ratio is 26.54. 3i Group's basic earning per share from continuing operations for the 30/09/2016 financial year was 85.60p, which was an increase from the previous financial year of 39.80p.
|Company||Basic - EPS||P/E Ratio||Market Cap (Million)|
|3i Group ( LON:III)||85.60p||5.33||£8,669|
|Schroders ( LON:SDR)||171.10||16.82||£9,224|
|London Stock Exchange Group ( LON:LSE)||74.80||26.54||£13,104|
*Information is provided "as is" and solely for informational purposes, not for trading purposes or advice, and may be delayed.
Offers four ways to trade: CFDs on Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Options and Indices
Financial Conduct Authority (F...
Popular for 3i-group-shares-iii!
2156 traders clicked on Plus500 this month.
Offers two ways to trade: CFD trading, and social trading
Financial Conduct Authority, C...
Offers four ways to trade: CFDs on shares, forex, commodities, indices & ETFs
Central Bank of Ireland, ASiC,...
Offers two ways to trade: Forex, CFD and Spreads Betting
Offers one way to trade: Forex and CFDs
Offers five ways to trade: Forex, Shares, Indices, Commodities, ETF and CFD
Offers one way to trade: Forex and CFD trading
Offers one way to trade: Forex
Offers three ways to trade: Forex, Spread betting, CFD and Binary options
Offers three ways to trade: Spread Betting, CFDs, Share dealing (including ISAs) and smart portfolios (including ISAs)