IronFX vs Alpari Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare IronFX vs Alpari.
Can I trust IronFX?
IronFX has a trust score of 84, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Alpari?
Alpari has a trust score of 67, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is IronFX a good broker?
Is Alpari a good broker?
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. IronFX is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while Alpari is none., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, IronFX is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), while Alpari is none., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses IronFX is BMA Authorised (Bermuda), while Alpari is FSC Authorised (Mauritius)., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms IronFX supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas Alpari supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does IronFX offer MetaTrader? Does Alpari offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader IronFX provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4), while Alpari provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do IronFX and Alpari differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
IronFX requires a minimum deposit of $50, while Alpari requires a minimum deposit of $20. From our testing we found IronFX offers spreads of 1.2, while Alpari offers spreads of N/A. Both IronFX and Alpari offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits., neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, IronFX or Alpari?
IronFX offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Alpari allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting, Agriculturals and ETF Looking at total tradeable symbols, IronFX has 340, compared to 105 from Alpari.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with IronFX or Alpari?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither IronFX nor Alpari allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, IronFX or Alpari?
In terms of research and research tools IronFX gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Alpari has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.