ATFX vs Xtrade Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare ATFX vs Xtrade.
Can I trust ATFX?
ATFX has a trust score of 70, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Xtrade?
Xtrade has a trust score of 80, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is ATFX a good broker?
Is Xtrade a good broker?
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. ATFX is FCA Authorised (U.K.), while Xtrade is ASIC Authorised (Australia)., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, ATFX is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), while Xtrade is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus) and FSCA Authorised (South Africa)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses ATFX is FSC Authorised (Mauritius), while Xtrade is IFSC Authorised (Belize)., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms ATFX supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas Xtrade supports a Proprietary Platform., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does ATFX offer MetaTrader? Does Xtrade offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader ATFX provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4), while Xtrade provides neither of these. If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers., neither have MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
How do ATFX and Xtrade differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
ATFX requires a minimum deposit of $500, while Xtrade requires a minimum deposit of $250. From our testing we found ATFX offers spreads of -1, while Xtrade offers spreads of -1. Both ATFX and Xtrade offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits., neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, ATFX or Xtrade?
ATFX offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Xtrade allowing you to trade Forex Trading, Trading - Forex or CFDs, Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, ATFX has 150, compared to 142 from Xtrade.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with ATFX or Xtrade?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither ATFX nor Xtrade allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, ATFX or Xtrade?
In terms of research and research tools ATFX gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Xtrade has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts and Forex News (Top-Tier Sources).