AvaTrade vs Fineco Bank Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare AvaTrade vs Fineco Bank.
Can I trust AvaTrade?
AvaTrade has a trust score of 93, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Fineco Bank?
Fineco Bank has a trust score of 92, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label.
Is AvaTrade a good broker?
AvaTrade is a well-rounded, trusted broker that offers excellent educational resources and great social copy trading tools. AvaTrade's commissions and market research are close to the industry average, and traders gain access to AvaTrade's proprietary platforms as well as third-party favorites like MetaTrader.
Is Fineco Bank a good broker?
FinecoBank is a trusted brand catering to forex and CFD traders, and listed on the Italian Stock Exchange. Operating out of the U.K. and Italy, traders aren't permitted to open online accounts with Fineco unless they are a resident of the U.K. or Italy (or are applying as EU residents – at an actual Fineco branch office).
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. AvaTrade is ASIC Authorised (Australia), IIROC Authorised (Canada), CBI Authorised (Ireland) and FSA Authorised (Japan), while Fineco Bank is FCA Authorised (U.K.)., neither have SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, AvaTrade is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), ISA Authorised (Israel), FSCA Authorised (South Africa) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE), while Fineco Bank is none., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), CBR Authorised (Russia) and SEC Authorised (Thailand). When comparing tier-3 licenses AvaTrade is FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), while Fineco Bank is none., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms AvaTrade supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows), DupliTrade and ZuluTrade, whereas Fineco Bank supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader
Does AvaTrade offer MetaTrader? Does Fineco Bank offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader AvaTrade provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5), while Fineco Bank provides neither of these. If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do AvaTrade and Fineco Bank differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
AvaTrade requires a minimum deposit of $100, while Fineco Bank requires a minimum deposit of $0. From our testing we found AvaTrade offers spreads of 0.91 (Aug 2020) , while Fineco Bank offers spreads of N/A. AvaTrade supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where Fineco Bank supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, AvaTrade or Fineco Bank?
AvaTrade offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Fineco Bank allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, AvaTrade has 1260, compared to 126 from Fineco Bank.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with AvaTrade or Fineco Bank?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither AvaTrade nor Fineco Bank allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, AvaTrade or Fineco Bank?
In terms of research and research tools AvaTrade gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Fineco Bank has the tools listed here: Stock Charts and Forex News (Top-Tier Sources)., neither have Autochartist