CMC Markets vs Vantage Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare CMC Markets vs Vantage.
Can I trust CMC Markets?
CMC Markets has a trust score of 99, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Vantage?
Vantage has a trust score of 83, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is CMC Markets a good broker?
CMC Markets is a highly trusted multi-asset broker that features excellent pricing and a huge selection of markets on its powerful Next Generation proprietary trading platform (available for web and mobile), alongside high-quality research and educational materials.
Is Vantage a good broker?
Vantage is a trusted brand that offers a growing range of markets along with support for the MetaTrader platform suite, social copy-trading platforms, full integration with TradingView, and a proprietary mobile app. That said, its educational content and market research materials can't compete with the best forex brokers.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. CMC Markets is ASIC Authorised (Australia), IIROC Authorised (Canada), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while Vantage is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FCA Authorised (U.K.)., neither have SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, CMC Markets is DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE), while Vantage is none., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa) and SEC Authorised (Thailand). When comparing tier-3 licenses CMC Markets is none, while Vantage is CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu)., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands) and FSC Authorised (Mauritius).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms CMC Markets supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas Vantage supports a Proprietary Platform, Desktop Platform (Windows), DupliTrade and ZuluTrade., neither have cTrader
Does CMC Markets offer MetaTrader? Does Vantage offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader CMC Markets provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4), while Vantage provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do CMC Markets and Vantage differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
CMC Markets requires a minimum deposit of $0, while Vantage requires a minimum deposit of $200. From our testing we found CMC Markets offers spreads of 0.73 (August 2021), while Vantage offers spreads of 1.22 (August 2021). CMC Markets supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where Vantage supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, CMC Markets or Vantage?
CMC Markets offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Vantage allowing you to trade Forex Trading, Trading - Forex or CFDs, Spread Betting, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Looking at total tradeable symbols, CMC Markets has 11927, compared to 257 from Vantage.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with CMC Markets or Vantage?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither CMC Markets nor Vantage allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, CMC Markets or Vantage?
In terms of research and research tools CMC Markets gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Vantage has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.