IC Markets vs easyMarkets Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare IC Markets vs easyMarkets.
Can I trust IC Markets?
IC Markets has a trust score of 86, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust easyMarkets?
easyMarkets has a trust score of 84, giving it a "Trusted" trust label.
Is IC Markets a good broker?
IC Markets' combination of low spreads and commissions, as well as its supportive execution policies that accomodate algorithmic traders make it our pick for the best MetaTrader broker. In addition, IC Markets recently bolstered its range of markets, sending the total available to over 3,000. It's worth noting, however, that its reserach and educational offerings still have lots of room to improve.
Is easyMarkets a good broker?
easyMarkets provides a trading platform suite that is optimized for ease of use, and features a variety of trading and risk-management tools which are especially helpful for beginners. That said, easyMarkets' pricing is higher than the industry average, and its research materials and range of available symbols are limited compared to the best brokers.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. both IC Markets and easyMarkets are ASIC Authorised (Australia)., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland), FCA Authorised (U.K.) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, both IC Markets and easyMarkets are CySEC Authorised (Cyprus)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), NSE Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses IC Markets is SCB Authorised (Bahamas), while easyMarkets is FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands)., neither have IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms IC Markets supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), cTrader and ZuluTrade, whereas easyMarkets supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have DupliTrade
Does IC Markets offer MetaTrader? Does easyMarkets offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader IC Markets provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5), while easyMarkets provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do IC Markets and easyMarkets differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
IC Markets requires a minimum deposit of $200, while easyMarkets requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found IC Markets offers spreads of 0.62 (August 2021), while easyMarkets offers spreads of 0.9 (as of Mar 2020). IC Markets supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where easyMarkets supports Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, IC Markets or easyMarkets?
IC Markets offers a more diverse selection of investment options than easyMarkets allowing you to trade Forex Trading, Trading - Forex or CFDs, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, IC Markets has 3583, compared to 199 from easyMarkets.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with IC Markets or easyMarkets?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither IC Markets nor easyMarkets allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, IC Markets or easyMarkets?
In terms of research and research tools IC Markets gives traders the following tools: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison easyMarkets has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.