Eightcap vs TMGM Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Eightcap vs TMGM.
Can I trust Eightcap?
Eightcap has a trust score of 87, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust TMGM?
TMGM has a trust score of 79, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label.
Is Eightcap a good broker?
Eightcap is an up and coming broker that boasts a large range of cryptocurrency CFDs, alongside several MetaTrader plugins and related tools. That said, it's offering is otherwise limited in terms of the number of symbols you can trade, and the scope of its educational and reserach materials available could stand to improve.
Is TMGM a good broker?
TMGM is predominantly a MetaTrader broker, offering an excellent array of educational material – albeit with fewer symbols than what's available on its IRESS platform offering. Overall, TMGM has a well-rounded offering yet lags behind the best brokers in key categories.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Eightcap is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while TMGM is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FMA Authorised (New Zealand)., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Eightcap is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), while TMGM is none., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses both Eightcap and TMGM are VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu)., neither have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands) and FSC Authorised (Mauritius).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Eightcap supports a Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas TMGM supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does Eightcap offer MetaTrader? Does TMGM offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader Eightcap provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5), while TMGM provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do Eightcap and TMGM differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Eightcap requires a minimum deposit of $100, while TMGM requires a minimum deposit of $100. From our testing we found Eightcap offers spreads of N/A, while TMGM offers spreads of 0.96 (July 2021). Eightcap supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where TMGM supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Eightcap or TMGM?
Both Eightcap and TMGM allow you to trade Forex Trading, Trading - Forex or CFDs, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting, Agriculturals and ETF Looking at total tradeable symbols, Eightcap has 326, compared to 12000 from TMGM.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Eightcap or TMGM?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Eightcap nor TMGM allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Eightcap or TMGM?
In terms of research and research tools Eightcap gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison TMGM has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading., neither have Autochartist