eToro vs Swissquote Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare eToro vs Swissquote.
Can I trust eToro?
eToro has a trust score of 93, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Swissquote?
Swissquote has a trust score of 99, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label.
Is eToro a good broker?
Best known for its versatile social copy trading platform suite for web and mobile, eToro also offers a large selection of cryptocurrency products, as well as CFDs, shares, forex pairs, and a wide range of powerful trading tools. Though not a discount broker, eToro offers which includes CFDs, shares, and forex pairs. While not a discount broker, eToro delivers more benefits than its competitors in the same price range.
Is Swissquote a good broker?
Swissquote is a highly-trusted broker, offering a significant range of markets from within its in-house platform suite. It's worth noting that Swissquote's pricing is more expensive than what you'd find with low-cost brokers, and its forex account offers far fewer markets – including on MetaTrader – than Swissquote's eTrading account for share dealing.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. eToro is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while Swissquote is SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and FCA Authorised (U.K.)., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), FMA Authorised (New Zealand) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, eToro is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), while Swissquote is DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa) and SEC Authorised (Thailand). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither eToro nor Swissquote are SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu)., neither have VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms eToro supports a Proprietary Platform, whereas Swissquote supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does eToro offer MetaTrader? Does Swissquote offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader eToro provides neither of these, while Swissquote provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do eToro and Swissquote differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
eToro requires a minimum deposit of $10-$10,000, while Swissquote requires a minimum deposit of $1000. From our testing we found eToro offers spreads of 1 (August 2021), while Swissquote offers spreads of N/A. Both eToro and Swissquote offer Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for deposits.
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, eToro or Swissquote?
Both eToro and Swissquote allow you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting Looking at total tradeable symbols, eToro has 3458, compared to 466 from Swissquote.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with eToro or Swissquote?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency both eToro and Swissquote allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, eToro or Swissquote?
In terms of research and research tools eToro gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison Swissquote has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading.