Interactive Brokers vs Exness Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Interactive Brokers vs Exness.
Can I trust Interactive Brokers?
Interactive Brokers has a trust score of 99, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Exness?
Exness has a trust score of 74, giving it a "Average Risk" trust label.
Is Interactive Brokers a good broker?
Interactive Brokers is a long-standing and highly-trusted broker that holds numerous regulatory licenses across the globe. We've rated IBKR as the best broker for professional traders, and it provides traders with access to over 100 markets, including forex and CFDs. IBKR's recently introduced web-based platform caters well to beginners, and its powerful research and extensive educational content makes for a balanced experience for newcomers and professionals alike.
Is Exness a good broker?
Exness is a MetaTrader broker that offers the full MT4 and MT5 platform suites, alongside its proprietary client portal Terminal and Exness Social Tradomg app. Exness offers competitive spreads on its commission-based and Pro accounts, yet trails behind the best brokers when it comes to research and education.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Interactive Brokers is ASIC Authorised (Australia), IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland), FCA Authorised (U.K.) and CFTC Registered (USA), while Exness is FCA Authorised (U.K.)., neither have FMA Authorised (New Zealand)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Interactive Brokers is NSE Authorised (India), while Exness is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia), FSCA Authorised (South Africa), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither Interactive Brokers nor Exness are SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu)., neither have VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Interactive Brokers supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows), whereas Exness supports a Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does Interactive Brokers offer MetaTrader? Does Exness offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader Interactive Brokers provides neither of these, while Exness provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do Interactive Brokers and Exness differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Interactive Brokers requires a minimum deposit of $0, while Exness requires a minimum deposit of $1. From our testing we found Interactive Brokers offers spreads of 0.6 (August 2022), while Exness offers spreads of 0.9 (as of May 19). Interactive Brokers supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where Exness supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw)., neither have PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw)
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Interactive Brokers or Exness?
Interactive Brokers offers a more diverse selection of investment options than Exness allowing you to trade Forex Trading, Trading - Forex or CFDs, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting and Social Trading / Copy Trading Looking at total tradeable symbols, Interactive Brokers has 8300, compared to 112 from Exness.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Interactive Brokers or Exness?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Interactive Brokers nor Exness allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Interactive Brokers or Exness?
In terms of research and research tools Interactive Brokers gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Trading Central (Recognia). In comparison Exness has the tools listed here: Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Trading Central (Recognia)., neither have Autochartist and Social Trading / Copy Trading