XTB vs Moneta Markets Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare XTB vs Moneta Markets.
Can I trust XTB?
XTB has a trust score of 95, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label.
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust Moneta Markets?
Moneta Markets has a trust score of 83, giving it a "Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Moneta Markets is ASIC Authorised (Australia) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while XTB is FCA Authorised (U.K.). Both do not have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, XTB is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), FSCA Authorised (South Africa) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE), while Moneta Markets is none of these. Both do not have CBRC Authorised (China), NSE Authorised (India), ISA Authorised (Israel), CBR Authorised (Russia) and SEC Authorised (Thailand). When comparing tier-3 licenses XTB is IFSC Authorised (Belize), while Moneta Markets is none of these. Both do not have SCB Authorised (Bahamas), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Moneta Markets supports a Desktop Platform (Windows) and DupliTrade, whereas XTB supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows). Both do not have cTrader and ZuluTrade
Does XTB offer MetaTrader? Does Moneta Markets offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader Moneta Markets provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5), while XTB provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do XTB and Moneta Markets differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
XTB requires a minimum deposit of $0, while Moneta Markets requires a minimum deposit of $50. From our testing we found XTB offers spreads of 0.9 (Q3 2021), while Moneta Markets offers spreads of 1.22 (August 2021). Moneta Markets supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw) and Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) for popular funding options, where XTB supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, XTB or Moneta Markets?
Both XTB and Moneta Markets allow you to trade Forex Trading, Trading - Forex or CFDs, Social Trading / Copy Trading, Metals, Energies, Agriculturals and U.S. Stocks (CFD). Both do not have Spread Betting and ETF Looking at total tradeable symbols, XTB has 10000, compared to 266 from Moneta Markets.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with XTB or Moneta Markets?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither XTB nor Moneta Markets allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, XTB or Moneta Markets?
In terms of research and research tools Moneta Markets gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources), Trading Central (Recognia) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. In comparison XTB has the tools listed here: Daily Market Commentary, Stock Charts, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading. Both do not have Autochartist.