Plus500 vs OctaFX Comparison
Comparing forex brokers side by side is no easy task. For our 2022 annual forex broker review, we spent hundreds of hours assessing 39 forex and CFD brokerages to find the best forex broker. Let's compare Plus500 vs OctaFX.
Can I trust Plus500?
Plus500 has a trust score of 98, giving it a "Highly Trusted" trust label. Here's what each trust score label means:
- "Highly Trusted" (90-99) - These brokers are considered the most trustworthy firms in the industry. Simply put, we would not hesitate to open and fund an account with a Highly Trusted broker.
- "Trusted" (80-89) - These brokers are reliable and trustworthy. "Trusted" firms are a solid choice, and may simply hold fewer regulatory licences or feature different corporate structures than those brokers that have earned our top Trust Score rating.
- "Average Risk" (70-79) - Average Risk brokers are firms we generally consider to be safe, but that may warrant a closer inspection before you open and fund a live trading account. At the least, we always encourage traders to check the regulatory licenses for Average Risk firms to verify that they are regulated in their own country of residence.
- "High Risk" (60-69) - High-risk firms should be scrutinized and carefully reviewed before opening an account. These forex brokers are – in most cases – operating without credible regulatory licensing, and likely have a history of legal or financial issues. Before considering an account with a high-risk firm, we recommend checking our country guides for your country of residence to see if a more trusted broker is available.
- "Do Not Trust" (<59) - We do not recommend opening an account of any kind with a broker that earns a “Do Not Trust” rating.
Can I trust OctaFX?
OctaFX has a trust score of 67, giving it a "High Risk" trust label.
Is Plus500 a good broker?
Plus500 is a highly-trusted broker offering a wide range of CFDs from within its user-friendly trading platforms. While its educational content and range of research trails category leaders, Plus500 is still a great choice for less demanding traders.
Is OctaFX a good broker?
OctaFX is a MetaTrader broker that boasts its own social copy trading platform, developed in-house. OctaFX has decent pricing, but a narrow range of markets to trade and fewer regulatory licenses than you'd find with the best brokers in the industry.
What tier-1 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in?
Tier-1 regulators go above and beyond by requiring additional capital requirements, checking in on brokers more frequently, and putting brokers through a tougher screening process. Plus500 is ASIC Authorised (Australia), FSA Authorised (Japan), MAS Authorised (Singapore), FMA Authorised (New Zealand) and FCA Authorised (U.K.), while OctaFX is none., neither have IIROC Authorised (Canada), SFC Authorised (Hong Kong), CBI Authorised (Ireland), FINMA Authorised (Switzerland) and CFTC Registered (USA)
What tier-2 jurisdictions is each broker regulated in? What about tier-3?
Tier-2 and tier-3 licenses are still important in evaluating the overall trustworthiness of forex brokers. As far as tier-2 licenses go, Plus500 is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus), ISA Authorised (Israel) and FSCA Authorised (South Africa), while OctaFX is CySEC Authorised (Cyprus)., neither have CBRC Authorised (China), SEBI Authorised (India), CBR Authorised (Russia), SEC Authorised (Thailand) and DFSA / Central Bank Authorised (UAE). When comparing tier-3 licenses unfortunately, neither Plus500 nor OctaFX are SCB Authorised (Bahamas), IFSC Authorised (Belize), BMA Authorised (Bermuda), FSC Authorised (British Virgin Islands), CIMA Authorised (Cayman Islands), FSC Authorised (Mauritius) and VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu)., neither have VFSC Authorised (Vanuatu).
Which broker offers more trading platforms?
For trading platforms Plus500 supports a Proprietary Platform, whereas OctaFX supports a Proprietary Platform and Desktop Platform (Windows)., neither have cTrader, DupliTrade and ZuluTrade
Does Plus500 offer MetaTrader? Does OctaFX offer MetaTrader?
For MetaTrader Plus500 provides neither of these, while OctaFX provides MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). If MetaTrader is a must for you, read our guides on the best MT4 brokers or best MT5 brokers.
How do Plus500 and OctaFX differ in terms of minimum deposit? What about average spreads and funding options?
Plus500 requires a minimum deposit of €100, while OctaFX requires a minimum deposit of $25. From our testing we found Plus500 offers spreads of 0.6 (as of Aug 2018), while OctaFX offers spreads of 0.6 (August 2021). Plus500 supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit), PayPal (Deposit/Withdraw) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw) for popular funding options, where OctaFX supports Bank Wire (Deposit/Withdraw), Visa/Mastercard (Credit/Debit) and Skrill (Deposit/Withdraw).
Which brokers offers more tradeable asset classes, Plus500 or OctaFX?
Plus500 offers a more diverse selection of investment options than OctaFX allowing you to trade Forex Trading (Spot or CFDs), Metals, Energies, ETF and U.S. Stocks (CFD)., neither have Spread Betting and Agriculturals Looking at total tradeable symbols, Plus500 has 2800, compared to 80 from OctaFX.
Can I trade cryptocurrency with Plus500 or OctaFX?
Crypto trading is popular with forex traders. Most crypto assets are offered either as the underlying physical asset or as a CFD or other derivative — including spot forex contracts. In terms of trading physical cryptocurrency neither Plus500 nor OctaFX allow you to trade physical cryptocurrencies.
Who offers more research tools, Plus500 or OctaFX?
In terms of research and research tools Plus500 gives traders the following tools: Daily Market Commentary and Stock Charts. In comparison OctaFX has the tools listed here: Autochartist, Daily Market Commentary, Forex News (Top-Tier Sources) and Social Trading / Copy Trading., neither have Trading Central (Recognia)