No broker is perfect, and Interactive Brokers is no exception. While they do have a lot of pros, there are plenty of reasons why you might be looking for an alternative to Interactive Brokers:
- IB does not accept Paypal (See Paypal brokers here)
- IB does not accept Neteller (See Neteller brokers here)
- IB does not accept Skrill (See Skrill brokers here)
- IB does not offer Islamic accounts (See Islamic brokers here)
- IB does not offer micro accounts (See micro account brokers here)
- IB does not offer Cryptocurrencies (See brokers that offer Cryptocurrencies here )
- IB does not offer Ethereum (See brokers that offer Ethereum here )
- IB does not offer MT4 (See MT4 brokers here )
- IB does not offer MT5 (See MT5 brokers here )
- IB does not offer Mac platform (See brokers for Mac users here )
- IB does not offer Spread Betting accounts (See Spread Betting brokers here)
- IB does not offer negative balance protection (See brokers with negative balance protection here)
Whatever your reason, we’ve got you covered. We analyse over 150 brokers across 80+ factors, from the competitiveness of their spreads to the quality of their trade execution and regulation. Below are ten of the best Interactive Brokers alternatives.
Top alternative : IG
A popular alternative to Interactive Brokers is IG, a brokerage regulated by Financial Conduct Authority and ASIC and over 44 years in business. Another strong alternative is City Index, which is regulated by Financial Conduct Authority, ASIC and MAS.
Here are some of the key reasons why traders choose IG and City Index over Interactive Brokers:
|Interactive Brokers||IG||City Index|
|Regulator||Financial Conduct Authority||Financial Conduct Authority and ASIC||Financial Conduct Authority, ASIC and MAS|
|Min. Trade||None||£1||1 Lot|
|Platforms||Web Trader, NinjaTrader, Tablet & Mobile apps||MT4, Mac, Web Trader, L2 Dealer, Tablet & Mobile apps||MT4, Web Trader, Tablet & Mobile apps|
If you want to read more about IG, we’ve put together an in-depth IG review that explores their platform, spreads, and trading conditions in more detail.Visit IG
If IG isn’t quite right, we’ve also listed ten suitable Interactive Brokers alternatives below. You can click between the different instruments to compare each broker’s spreads for that instrument.
Risk warning: CFDs are leveraged products and 73% of retail traders lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.